Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dun Dun Dun...Steve Madden Does It Again

You know, I'm quite surprised that Christian Louboutin has not filed any lawsuits against Steve Madden as of yet. Granted every brand does platforms or similar shoes, I think the main problem is the fact that Steve Madden look-a-like shoes come out at the same time as the Louboutins.

They currently have these covetable knotted platforms...


that can be purchased HERE on the Neiman Marcus website.

Or you can get a similar pair at Steve Madden

HERE.

As I was browsing Style.com fashion parties, I spotted Dr. Lisa Airan in Rodarte and what appears to be red soled Louboutins.


And low and behold guess what white\black caged pumps you can purchase on Steve Madden...


I think they're classy looking shoes so if you want to purchase them, you can check them out on the Steve Madden website HERE.

I understand the idea of wanting to provide the consumer with a similar item for less but just maybe this copying issue has been going a bit too far lately. Then again, the saying goes "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

No comments: