Thursday, August 9, 2007

Support THIS!

If you don't support these people yet, do so now...because I said so.

1. V Magazine
(Sister publication to Visionaire)



I stopped by the lovely office of Visionaire\V magazine yesterday and let me just say it's a great space. White walls filled with art, tons of reference books, and collectible toys. The staff was nice enough to give me several issues to look over (HII Jill & Julie Anne!). The size of the magazine and the large red V - which reminds me of the V for Victory mini series - let's you know this isn't the average fashion magazine. If you want a magazine that's different from the norm and you don't have the current issue, pick it up! My favorite features are the creative photos of "Foot Fetish" and the cover story "Before & After" which shows that everything documented in magazines are not fake. You have to start off with real beauty. Plus it features one of my favorite models, the undeniably beautiful Doutzen Kroes. You can check out some of the content of the current issue HERE. For the gents, check out VMan.

2. The Pearl Mag



"TO BE PEARL MEANS
You have class & style.
You take care of yourself.
You know how to dress to attract positive attention.

You strive for higher education. You're less naive and more worldly.
You want to learn more and explore all the world has to offer.
You're an Urban Sophisticate - you know when and where to keep it real ("hood") and when to let your sophistication shine through.
Your friends are not embarrassed to take you places.
You're sexy."

I love showing a fellow sister some love - HII Gabrielle! If you feel as if the above description applies to you, then you should be reading the Pearl Mag. Named after her late grandmother, Gabrielle has just launched the Pearl Magazine website. Besides writing for her on blog, she writes for Honey Mag as well. Get the current rundown on fashion, music, relationships, and more. Support her and check out all the goodness HERE.


3.TEAM FACELIFT



During one my random occurrences of watching MTV, I was introduced to this new group called Team Facelift. When Fonda freestyled in one of the commercials saying "But women, they love me like fashion, right", I was hooked. Say hello to the New Age Beastie Boys - well, in my opinion. Their fashion sense...its a bit out there. But that's what we love over here - individuality. They're not afraid to take risks. I'm noting the afro haired member Fat Jew must have an extensive eyewear collection which I'm admiring. And talk about self-confidence. He just may be my favorite member. Their music...witty, nasty, RAW as can be and can actually be classified as hip-hop unlike all that other garbage on the airwaves today. Their aim is to "basically to do to rap what Elton John did to being gay". And I love it. With such hits as "I Wanna Have Your Baby" and "Dipping Chicken", how could you not dig it?! One of my favorite lines from No Love is "I know slobs with no jobs/they have a credit card debt/they owe at Burberry still" because it's so HILARIOUS.
You can learn more about the group and listen to their music on their website HERE and their MySpace HERE. And if you're hooked like I am, watch some live performances over on MTV HERE.

4. Strawberry Milkshakes In A Snowstorm
This a blog created by a fellow high school buddy as mine, Steven, who happens to be journalism student as well. His blog title alone should have you interested! If you need a sneaker or music fix, this is the site to go to. Or you can follow him along his path into journalism during his internship. I know I will. Check out his blog HERE.




Now run to those websites and get some knowledge...because I said so!

1 comment:

simon said...

well written, interesting, and beautiful blog.
I thought about including a link to your site on my blog.

if you ever get the chance, come visit me back

Best,
Simon

my blog is www.BrawnyHunk.com (not nearly as superficial as it sounds ;-) )